Due to expansion, a top-ranked children's hospital in southern California is seeking experienced Neonatal Physician Assistants to work days. The hospital is a not-for-profit Magnet facility acknowledged worldwide for its leadership in pediatric and adolescent health.
Job Responsibilities & Unit Details
- The Neonatal PAs hired will primarily staff a 58-bed, Level IV NICU; with the potential to rotate to some of the community NICUs
- Delivery services on occasion
- The Level IV NICU provides care to newborns and infants up to 12 months and 10kg.
- The unit has a large surgical population and cares for babies referred from other NICUs when they have exceeded the level of care required.
- The hospital’s Neonatal PAs may participate in research projects, divisional Q1, and have the option to participate in teaching, if they choose to do so.
- Neonatal PAs are not responsible for transport.
- Neonatal PAs care for neonatal cardiac patients, although the hospital also has a separate CTICU for surgical cardiac patient care.
- Salaried position
- 12-hour day shifts.
- Moonlighting opportunities available.
Qualifications & Requirements
- MS and NCCPA are required before start date.
- At least one year of prior NICU work experience is mandatory or completion of a Neonatal residency.
- Only candidates who are available to work full-time will be considered. No travelers, please.