As a result of an extensive expansion, an eastern Missouri children's hospital is seeking EXPERIENCED Neonatal Nurse Practitioners to relocate to one of the country's greatest river cities and help staff what will be one of the country's largest NICUs. The hospital currently boasts a 125-bed, Level IV NICU and will house 150 beds upon completion in 2020.
Role & Responsibilities
- Full-time; 40-hour workweek comprised of 12s and 24s
- Participate in professional development and lifelong learning.
- Assume a leadership role within a specific clinical specialty.
- Manage care to meet the specialized physiologic and psychological needs of patients with complex acute, critical, and chronic health conditions, including the recognition and management of emerging crises and organ dysfunction and failure.
- Manage care to patients with complex physiologic conditions and rapidly changing clinical conditions through advanced health assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and evaluation in a collaborative practice agreement with a physician.
- Develop treatment plans, treats patients with acute complex acute, critical, and chronic health conditions in a collaborative practice agreement with a physician.
- Coordinate the care of select patient populations to promote a return to an optimal state of health and wellness for their condition through education of patients and families, coordination of services and placing referrals.
Qualifications & Requirements
- MSN degree from an accredited NNP program; DNP preferred
- 1-2 years of prior Level III or IV NICU work experience as an NNP
- At least 3 years of Level III or IV NICU work experience as an RN
- NCC certification as an NNP
- NRP and BLS certification
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Individualized new hire orientation
- Collegiate and collaborative work environment
- Relocation assistance
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- Pension 403b & retirement 401k plans
- Dedicated time for professional development
- CEU funds and a $5k scholarship program