Due to expansion, Georgia’s largest provider of children is seeking additional Neonatal Nurse Practitioners to staff three fast-paced, demanding NICUs that provide cardiac, medical, and surgical care. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. Experienced Neonatal Physician Assistants may also be considered.
Under supervision of an attending Neonatologist, the NNPs:
- Work a combination of 8s, 10s, 12s, 16s, and/or 24s
- Provide neonatal care in both Level III and Level IV settings ranging from 40-56 beds
- Manage care for high-risk newborns in both emergency and non-emergency situations
- Collaborate with others to identify and stabilize the high-risk infants and establish a care plan
- Assist with and attend high-risk deliveries
- Provide preterm pre-surgical patient care
- Perform or order diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Thoroughly document all aspects of patient care
- Provide informal teaching support to NNPs and residents
- Participate in research projects and studies
Job Skills & Qualifications
- At least two years of NNP experience working in a Level III or IV NICU
- Master’s prepared Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Current Georgia APRN nursing license or eligible
- Nurse practitioner certification by a National Certifying Organization approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing (NCC, NAPNAP) with renewal every three years or as required by the national organization.
- Recognition as a Nurse Practitioner by the Georgia Board of Nursing.