One of the largest & oldest children's hospitals in the world located in a bustling city known for its arts and culture needs a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner for its MEDICAL NNP team. This prestigious children's hospital–ranked No. 2 in the nation for neonatal care–has a large, 100-plus-bed Level IV NICU affiliated with a university Level III NICU.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Level IV NICU serves critically ill newborns and premature infants who need general medical or surgical intervention, ECMO.
- Fetal diagnosis and treatment, as well as surgical intervention for neonates that underwent in-utero procedures.
- The Neonatal Nurse Practitioners on the Medical NICU Team care for non-surgical patients (anything for a premature infant, PPHN, hydrocephalus, metabolic disorders, chronic lung issues, etc.)
- Provide care to neonates from resuscitation through discharge.
- The role involves evidence-based practice, the performance of procedures, and education of nursing staff, etc.
- Typical staffing involves a combination of 10hr days mixed with night call (13 hours) and weekend/holiday coverage.
- Participation in transport is optional
- Individualized orientation programs up to 5-6 months if needed.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- APP Incentive Pay Plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription benefits
- CEU funds
- Retirement plans
- Generous time-off benefits
- Candidates who are familiar with Pennsylvania or have ties to the area are preferred.
- NEW NNP GRADUATES with busy Level III or IV NICU experience will be considered.
- MSN from an accredited NNP program
- NCC certification as an NNP
- Relocation required for out of state candidates