Enjoy the beautiful harbor; quirky, distinct neighborhoods; unique museums and an abundance of charm in a historical and culturally-diverse north-central Maryland city. A well-known Maryland university medical center is seeking full-time and part-time Neonatal Nurse Practitioners or Neonatal Physician Assistants to help staff its 25-bed, Level III NICU and join our multidisciplinary team.
Role & Responsibilities
- The NNPs provide direct patient care to a high-risk population including critically ill and/or extreme low birth weight neonates, use high frequency ventilation, iNO, and aEEG as needed, and regularly attend high-risk deliveries (approx. 1,400/per year with 300 NICU admissions, and an ADC of 16-18).
- The NNPs also participate in staff education, attend weekly conferences, QI meetings, assist in research studies, and occasionally give lectures.
- No transport responsibility.
- Self-scheduling, rotating 12-hr day/night shifts.
Qualifications & Benefits
- Salary based upon all nursing experience.
- Master's degree and NCC required.
- New graduate NNPs (not PAs) with a minimum of 3 years of NICU bedside staff experience will be considered.
- Relocation is required for out of state candidates.
- Funding for education CEUs is available annually.