One of the largest & oldest children's hospitals in the world needs a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner for its SURGICAL NNP team. This prestigious children's hospital–ranked No. 2 in the nation for neonatal care–has a large, 100-plus-bed Level IV NICU affiliated with a university Level III NICU. It is located in a bustling city known for its arts and culture.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Level IV NICU serves critically ill newborns and premature infants who need general medical or surgical intervention, ECMO.
- Fetal diagnosis and treatment, as well as surgical intervention for neonates that underwent in-utero procedures.
- Typical surgical anomalies seen include a diaphragmatic hernia, CCAM, omphalocele, gastroschisis, etc.
- The Surgical Neonatal Nurse Practitioners work on an exclusive team with an attending and a fellow.
- Each team carries a caseload of 12-15 babies
- Rotating schedule of 10-hour day and 13-hour night shifts
- Participation in transport is optional
- Individualized orientation programs up to 5-6 months if needed.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- APP Incentive Pay Plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription benefits
- CEU funds
- Retirement plans
- Generous time-off benefits
- Candidates who are familiar with Pennsylvania or have ties to the area are preferred.
- NEW NNP GRADUATES with busy Level III or IV NICU experience will be considered.
- MSN from an accredited NNP program
- NCC certification as an NNP
- Relocation required for out of state candidates